Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Future Rock Stars??!!




This mommy's on vacation the month of June.(insert giddy laugh here:)) What do I mean by that? A very kind friend gave us a house by Disney for several weeks.(not everyone's here all the time....) Oh yea! This mom's in her happy place! What are we doing? Lots..! Keep checking! Today for instance, we met a family from New England that just adopted a little boy (their 6th child...2nd adoption) from Ukraine. The mom actually approached me and asked about Katie...and then we just started talking. She introduced me to her newest son....an adorable little blond 6-year old boy that had been languishing in an orphanage. As I met this little boy I was overcome with emotion....you see, this little boy has no arms. He had never been allowed to walk or even allowed to try. He had lived his entire life in a crib in an institution. This pastor/and wife found him through an agency and knew immediately he was to be their son. Today my 3 adopted girls swam with him for hours in a Disney pool. He's walking, talking, swimming....and does amazing things with his feet!! He was taking our girls bucket and teapot and filling them up with his feet. What an amazing God we serve! On another day, I was approached by a teen girl that again, asked about our little girls (Katie Mei gives us away every time!! ) . This young girl shared that she was due to give birth in a few weeks and was giving her baby up for adoption. I actually sat and talked with her for at least an hour. She was here on vacation and just happened to see us playing and was curious about our family. I was able to share with her my gratefulness to our girls birthmom's for giving us the greatest 3 gifts we could've imagined! Then I shared our faith and how God is the foundation of all we do and why we do what we do. I hope she left encouraged and hopeful for her and her unborn baby's future. Another God moment!!
Enjoy the pics of our little rockers! We visited Disney's marketplace (again!!!) and the girls turned into American Idol wannabe's! Katie takes it very, very seriously. Leni prefers to be a pirate:)

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Cissy- I was so moved by your obedience to the divine appointments the Lord gave you. You were the Lord's mouthpiece and I'm sure brought much encouragement to those around you! You're living out loud my friend! Thank you so much for your godly example.

Love you! Gisele