Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What's a Girl to Do???


What do you do when your parents bring you all the way from China to the USA and you find you have 3 sisters, 1 brother, 1 sister in law and of all things a nephew only 10 months younger than you (to the day!!)? You love it, that's what!! Earlier this summer, Mel, our daughter-in-law returned to work 2 mornings a week (for us, of course:)) and Cade comes over to stay with his aunts and Mimi (none of this grandma name stuff for me!!). We have a great time! Of course, it helps the now 17 month old Cade that his aunts are ages 2,4, and 6! It was the biggest adjustment for Katie, who now has to share her mama, but things are going great! Kristin and Leni are the stuck-together-like-glue sisters, so Katie now has a buddy just her size on a regular basis! AND Mimi gets to spend time with her boy!! Here's a sampling of some of the things we do. Yes, it's crazy, but fun! On these days, there is a 1,2,4 and 6 yr. old stirring up the house!! Come join us!! But watch out for flying Goldfish!!

p.s. The girls have NOT put a tu-tu on Cade yet, but I'm sure the time's coming. We just won't mention it to Jay when it happens, now will we.......?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you take pictures so I get to see how much fun Cade has when he is over playing at "the girls" house. I always ask him on my way over if he wants to go play with the girls/see mimi and he always gets so excited! The tea party picture is my favorite. =) Thanks for always taking such good care of him!

Katherine Peschau said...

So precious! I need to see those sweet kiddos soon. I will call you about coming over one morning :)
Have a great day!

The Brown Family said...

Hey Cissy!
I had to tell you...after reading about Leni naming her helper hand...I thought I'd get Mirielle to do the same! She chose the name Edwin :). Mirielle loves Danny Kaye movies, and Edwin is a character from Wonder Man. He writes with both his left and right hands at the same time! Anyway...thanks for the tip...we had lots of fun with it today!

Love you! Gisele