Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ni-Hao from Katie Mei!


We came in from swimming the other day and I needed to make dinner fast! My little Chinese born friend usually makes dinner with me by hanging onto my leg.....but that didn't cut it when we needed food right away! So I pulled out the new Mandarin DVD that I got for Katie to watch while I homeschool. Ok....she didn't just like it....she is GLUED to the kitchen tv and here you see her talking back to the tv in Mandarin. She picked it up WAY faster than English. But of course you say??!! Just consider she was in the orphanage for 11 months (but developmentally 7months) and has been here with this group of talkers in the USA for 16 months. We have to say....she pronounces Chinese way better than English. Huh! Have you ever tried to speak Chinese? Not your normal foreign language class in high school that's for sure!! It's hard! She now has the DVD memorized. We stopped dinner prep just to hear her talking back to the tv. Hysterical!! She even bobs her head side to side like the little girls in the movie. "MOOOOOOOMMMMMM!! " she says, "Ni-Hao!"
Ok......drum roll please!!!!! Everyone has lost sleep over this I'm sure :) But the answer to the post below's quiz is.....Abraham Lincoln. Now everyone can relax knowing Kathy P. is not a dork.:) This was fun...we'll have to do it again sometime. Thanks for playing! Ya'll were smarter than a 5th grader! :)
"On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased." Psalm 138:3. I pray God gives all of you strength of soul in the coming days for whatever you are facing. I for one feel like I'm running a marathon everyday! :) I pray this Psalm many times over! The grace is there if you ask!! On we go............!!

No comments: