Friday, September 14, 2007

It's All About What You Live.........




Yesterday I received my newsletter from Shaohannah's Hope. I make it a priority read and I always end up in tears. I'm both motivated and called into action with each story, quote, and scripture. Here's an excerpt.....

"God's people are called to be His hands and feet in this world. There is perhaps no earthly picture that speaks to me of this reality as profoundly as caring for orphans. I have never seen any in more lowly circumstances or souls as meek as those I have met in orphanages around the globe. What is more beautiful than freeing those bound by orphanage walls or enslaved by demons of the streets? What is more glorious than giving joy to a child who mourns the loss of parents? What is more magnifcent than seeing a child who was once heavy-laden with pain and brokenness, now with a mended heart, dressed in graments of praise? The ministry of Jesus is one that not only speaks but acts. Those who are 'in Him' are those who not only bring good news in word, but in deed-just as Jesus did............If you walk with Jesus, you end up with the poor." Kerry Hasenblag (wife of Executive Director of SH)

"People are depressed, others are dying, orphans are waiting, and children are starving. So we asked, "God, where are You, on this earth, amidst the mess and the muck and the hurt and the pain and the wars and the death and the brokenness? ...He said, 'I am in you.'
Why do I want to be with those in need? Maybe it's because that's where Jesus so often went in His life. I want His purpose. Maybe it's because Jesus said He is the one I serve when I serve the least of these; and I want His joy. Maybe it's also because that's where I need to be for the sake of my faith. James 2 says that if I have faith but I don't provide for those who have material needs, then my faith is dead. I don't want a dead faith. I want an authentic faith that's alive." Emily Chapman (daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman)
Amen....amen....and amen to both of these quotes!!!! I don't know about you, but these words spur me on. When Scott and I were called to adoption (X3!) we knew we were being called 'beyond what was easy'. That's where we want to live. If you really truly comprehend the cross and the price that was paid for you...you'll understand what it means to 'live outside the box' of seeking a comfortable, pain-free existence....and instead be motivated to serve God where ever...whenever.... no matter the cost. There is great peace and happiness in that place of resting before God as HE guides your days. I find great joy in being exhausted at the end of the day because my day wasn't/isn't about me. It's about Him. Ask yourself "What is my motivation to be doing what I'm doing?" You may be suprised at the answer!
We're not all called to adopt...but as Christians we should all live sacrificially....motivated by the blood that was poured out for us at Calvary, in service to others. On the left, you will see a happy, healthy 2yr. old Katie. The picture on the right is her just a few days after we got her, May 2006....walking the streets with her new family in Guangzhou, China....learning what all this hugging, kissing, eating, family stuff is all about. What a difference a year makes! Make sure you check out Shaohannah's Hope!! I encourage you to get on their mailing list!!
"If I covet any place on earth but the dust at the foot of the cross, then I know nothing of Calvary love."
Amy Carmichael.."If"
P.S. Just wanted yall to know that I do make a concentrated effort to get around to everyone's blogs on a regular basis. I may not always comment but know I'm with you in heart!! (Have mercy on me:) I'm the "old" mom now with all the little kiddos running around....and Cade:))



1 comment:

Katherine Peschau said...

I have been housesitting for the Williams this week (just in case you don't remember them they are in the process too of adopting from China) and the newsletter come in yesterday. I read it and gave it to Jenn. Just reading it made me want to adopt even more.
What an amazing opportunity it is and what a difference in Katie's beautiful face. The joy overflows from her. She is precious. How good our Father is to have allowed her to so quickly transition in the past year, though I know it has not come with some tough times, patience and tears. Thank-you for the example you are too me in raising your girls. What a blessing to watch you. Love you all!