Friday, June 26, 2009

Last But Not Least....


...our sweet, sweet Leni. This girl would never hurt a fly, is a friend to all animals, "unless you're a cockroach' she says:) At the ripe old age of 7 she's the size of a 10 year old, lives for mud, and is our resident 'dirt magnet'. I never had trouble keeping clothes clean till this kiddo came into our lives:) This precious angel has taught us to love what God loves...and to slow down and see things through very different eyes. She's quiet, unobtrusive, but funloving and a great companion. (Geez...I sound like I'm describing a pet!!) She gets along with pretty much everyone and is very content to take a back seat to the resident blond. (Like the blond really gives her much of a choice...heh.) Actually she and Eloise are best buddies and although only a year separates the two...they couldn't be more different. I think everyone that gets to know this special gift from God develops a very soft spot for her:) Anyway....here is her letter to her Dad on Father's Day.


Dear Dad...
I love the way you fish with me. (Hmmmm....let me think...they dug up friendly worms and fished off the lake bridge last weekend catching 6 fish in about 15 minutes!!) Everytime when I fall and get a booboo you always take care of me. Hmmm.....When I was a baby you used to call me hairball. (Uh...so not true! Even though she is Italian:))Everytime I get scared of raccoons you help me not be scared of them (we had a raccoon family invading our garage at Christmas..The Dad shot them with a BB gun) Mom! Mom! What did you write Mom??!! So, Dad, I love you no matter what and so could we please get on an airplane and go to France? (????) I loved it when we went to Bruster's and so Dad...Happy Fodder's Day! I love you...

Love....

Leni VanLue


If only life were always as simple as this....
All notes in parentheses are by the mother:)

No comments: