Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Tribute To My Friend ...

I tried to post this yesterday...but couldn't. Yesterday after a 1 1/2 year battle with cancer, my friend and neighbor Robbie went to be with the Lord. What made it even more profound was that I had the honor and privlege of being by her side and holding her hand as she was taken from this world into eternity. Why this 36 yr. old young mom with 2 young children was allowed to die remains a mystery we will not understand until we see our Lord face to face...but the impact it had on me will remain embedded in my heart for my lifetime. My neighbor Carol and I and friend Elizabeth sat by her bed the last 2 hours of her life and were able to read scripture...God's holy word to her almost non-stop as it became clearer and clearer that her earthly battle was ending. I'm so grateful to have had this time with her....and even more grateful that she suffers no more. Here's one of the first Scriptures we shared w/ Robbie...who is now a part of 'that great cloud of witnesses' that we so long to be a part of. We'll miss you Robbie!!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the most High will abide in the shadow of the almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust"......Psalm 91:1-2

5 comments:

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of her precious children, but I am joyful when I think about her sitting with our loving Savior and how she is not in pain ANYMORE. Its been amazing to watch her journey, and the grace she portrayed through it all. She was a woman of much faith, courage and hope. Thank you for sharing! Love you!
By the way if you hear of anyway I can serve or bring a meal later on please let me know. I would love to do something.

The Brown Family said...

Oh my friend...may the Comforter hold you and Robbie's family close tonight. I look forward to meeting Robbie someday...

Love you- Gisele

Medana22 said...

WOW! My herat is so heavy with sadness for her family, yet as I read this post I was struck with joy at the thought of Robbie sitting at the throne of Christ worshipping her lord, without pain or suffering....sitting at the feet of the Father that longed for her to be home.
Cissy...have you been told lately that YOU ARE AN AMAZING FRIEND!

Tammy said...

I'm sure your friendship meant a great deal to her. May God bring peace and comfort to the family members. Anything I can do for them?

Mandy, said...

Cissy, I am praying for their family! If they need meals or anything, I'd love to help out!