Monday, May 5, 2008

Count It All Joy....



..My brothers when you encounter various trials for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
As I write this...we now have #4 with strep throat...Julie. Only the mommy is left standing :)(scroll down if you don't know the past week's events:))What I am finding (we all are) that God's grace IS sufficient for that day. My prayer is that I am glorifying Him in all things he asks of me...including trials. You only learn the depth of God's love and mercy when faced with overwhelming circumstances that can tempt you to doubt...but I have found through all this a Savior who is providing every minute, every hour, every day his mercies and kindness poured out upon us in ways we could never have imagined. Last summer I studied several books on suffering and trials including the one you see here..A Steadfast Heart by Elyse Fitzpatrick. It's easy to read about being steadfast...another thing to do it when you're placed in situations that require this of you. So today...I find all 4 daughters with strep throat...and a husband recovering from a horrible accident. Am I alone? No way! You see...all this past year God has been preparing my heart and mind for 'such a time as this' and I'm finding the foundation that was built has been more than enough to bear us up in this particular time of adversity and trial. Little did we know what would be asked of us. Last night as we tucked all little girls in bed, and I was concerned that Scott was doing too much...he made this comment..."You know...as bad as this hurts, as bad as the initial impact hurt..I am constantly reminded that it is very little compared to what Jesus endured on the cross. I have deep cuts and scrapes on my hands and feet...but Jesus had nails. I will never look at the cross the same again having endured this." Wow..he blew me away. I saw the pain Scott endured this week as one beside him, and was reminded that Mary, Jesus' mother stood and watched her own son be put to death in ways much worse than what I witnessed this past week. Humbling when it's right in front of you! Scott's back working this week some. Mostly from his laz-y-boy chair. I knew when he asked for his laptop he would be ok and that was sometime last Friday. He's a man of unbelievable character :)
We're having sleepless nights with one little girl or another right now and as I trod up the stairs (again) mostly for Katie who is saying 'mouf-hurt' about every hour throughout the night...I find myself thinking about this past week's events and using this line from that famous movie "Nemo"....Remember Dory who had short term memory loss (this mommy right now) saying over and over...'Just keep swimming...Just keep swimming...Just keep swimming...."? And we are.:)
Now for another funny. I caught a recovering Kristin today with a handful of staples trying to push them into Leni's head. Now where would she get that idea???? And no, she wasn't successful. :) (If this leaves you baffled...and scratching your head..scroll down a couple of posts for clearer understanding of why a 5 yr. old feels drawn to the stapling of sister's head. All will be made known:)I'm not allowed to put most beautimous photos of the daddy's head on here:))

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Staples??? Ha...I think I laughed for a good 5 minutes. Thank you Lord she wasn't successful :).

May grace abound today my friend!

Love you- Gisele and Mini Moscow <3