Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Encouragement for Those Considering Adoption *Updated*

Great, great post on John Piper's blog today about ways to encourage those considering adoption. When we first started our adoption journey over 8 years ago...we had many, many that responded heroically....and those that definitely didn't...and let us know it. What was suprising to us was the ignorance from Christians about what scripture says about orphans and the fatherless. This article is awesome and reflects our hearts then and now completely. Adoption is more than just providing a child with a home, and being a parent. It's living the gospel out loud... day in and day out..while selflessly giving your life away.This is EXACTLY what Jesus did for us in laying down his own life for us..the sinner. This world is NOT our home so committing years of our lives to the care and nurturing of God's children was a no-brainer for us. I hope this post both spurs you on and gives you the means to encourage others in pursuing God's call on their lives in the area of adoption. Last weekend, I had an opportunity to speak with someone who originally thought we were absolutely crazy to begin adoptions. I'm happy to report that this man with tears in his eyes, looked directly at me and told me how in watching us he saw that 'these little girls had been taken from the very pits of hell on earth and given to us.' After observing us these many years...now he gets it. That was a pretty awesome moment.

You can email me anytime at weprincessesthree@yahoo.com :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cissy, is there any way you can email me privately? I don't know that I should post my email here, but I don't see a way to contact you without it being seen by everyone...