Tuesday, January 6, 2009

John's Mama told him it was better to die a Christian in the bush...than live a Muslim in slavery.......

As I've been prayerfully considering what to read, study and focus on this new year...the current winter newsletter from EPM arrived in our mailbox. This story has haunted me for days. It's about a little 5 year old orphan boy from Sudan that lives in the bush totally alone. In fact...the title of the story (if the link doesn't take you to page 3 make sure you scroll down) is "Not a Soul in this World for Little John". I hope the core of your being is touched after reading this and you will join me in prayer for the "Johns" around the world. I cannot seem to get this little boy out of my mind....as well as others like him that are being preyed upon by the enemy. January 11 BTW is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. May God touch your heart for all he wants to pour into you in this new year.:) I know one area that will continually be at the top of my prayer list!!

"That bread which you keep belongs to the hungry; that coat which you preserve in your wardrobe, to the naked; those shoes which are rotting in your possession, to the shoeless; that gold which you have hidden in the ground, to the needy. Wherefore, as often as you are able to help others, and refuse, so often did you do them wrong."----Augustine

"Obedience to the Great Commission has more consistently been poisoned by affluence than by anything else."----Ralph Winter



On a MUCH lighter note.....I tried to make homemade Oxy-clean yesterday because we go through buckets of the stuff and I had found a recipe. Anyway....I made it...stored it on top of the washer...very smug and pleased with myself...only to find out this morning that the container it was in BLEW UP all over the laundry room and now this mommy's version of what was to be a help became a HUGE mess. And yes...I am married to a Chemistry major. :)He doesn't know about this yet. :)

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

I just read the article and I now know why it has haunted you. I will indeed be praying for this precious boy and the other "johns" just like him. Thank you also for the the quotes.

I am going to subscribe to EPM-

Love you!

Melanie VanLue said...

Commenting on the lighter note section...hahaha, that is hilarious. I don't remember the Dugger's blowing anything up on that episode. =)