Saturday, October 25, 2008

We're All In This Together

Well I did it. I caved in. Last night I took our three little "wildcats" to see High School Musical 3. Now, before you ask why on earth I would do this, let me try to explain. I try to watch the girls every Friday night so mom and dad can have some time away from the circus. Most nights we just stay home, or we'll go get a treat at Starbucks, but we rarely go see a movie, and hardly ever in the real theatre due to a ticket costing as much as 2 gallons of gas these days. But yesterday as I was debating whether to take them or not I realized that 10 years from now, I won't remember what movie we saw (although images of Zac Efron breaking into song mid-conversation will be burned in my mind for quite a while...so funny), and I won't remember how much it cost to get in to see Zac Efron and friends jump around singing "wildcats in the house", and I won't remember the chaos of trying to get 3 children, a stoller, 3 slurpees, popcorn, a drink, a stuffed kitty, a stuffed dog, and myself into our seats, but I will remember the time I spent with my precious sisters. And I will remember the fact that Katie sat in my lap the entire time, clapping her hands and bouncing, and Kristin singing along with every song even though she didn't know them, and Leni in the car ride home telling me "thank you Julie for spending time with me. You're the best sister ever." The money spent to get there, the energy spent to get there, and everything else spent to get there, does not compare with the treasure that I have in my 3 little sisters. I hope 10 years from now they remember how much their big sister loves them and how she wasn't too busy or too concerned with herself to spend time with them. Here are some pictures from our evening :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
You are the best big sister ever!! What memories you've created in those little wildcats!! Glad to hear you actually made it there and even better got to see the movie!!

Medana22 said...

Aw, I love it! Will you be my big sister??
GO WILDCATS!;)