Monday, August 25, 2008

A Great Day....A Scary Day...








B.F.F. (before Fay's floods:)) we had a family day at Sea World. We had an absolutely marvelous time, and other than being rawther hot...the weather cooperated. I was forced to ride Kraken (just for you Julie!), which I'm usually up for, until I actually get on the thing and then I wonder 'What was I thinking?!!'Kraken is their floorless roller coaster FYI. It starts... I scream, shut my eyes and hold on to my hat and pray for a safe return to my small children. We stayed late to see "Hamu Wocks" (Shamu Rocks) and then what has never, ever happened before....happened. Our little group of 12 hastened from Shamu stadium over to see the new water ski show in another staduim. You've heard the story...'I thought you had her", "No, I thought you had her"...oh....no one has her?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S NOT HERE??!!" Yep, you guess it. We lost a child. To make a long story short, in a stadium filled, night time, LOUD theme park show....Leni never made it to our seats. Our group was sitting....watching the show..for quite a few minutes..and suddenly we realized....no Leni was there watching with us. Dad jumps up and runs back to the entrance to retrace our steps. No Leni. We didn't know if she had gone back to Shamu...gone to the Happy Harbour kids area, or what....AND of course, the place was packed. This mommy runs to the ski-show control booth (yes I did) and got offical looking Sea World upper level management to issue all points bulletin for security to look for missing 6 year old. They got on it..... we prayed. A while later (now ski show is still going on...think LOUD music, LOUD boats,LARGE crowd, etc.) a dripping wet from head to toe Leni emerges from the ski lake. Yep. She said she couldn't find us...so she did the next best thing.... went swimming with the entertainment. She wasn't even scared. Just wet. Security was thanked profusely...ski show was now mostly over....and we were ready to take our soggy one safely home. The end. It is now one week later...and Leni is still with us.:) Someone in our group has suggested a leash for next time. Hmmmmm. Thinking about it:)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my Cissy! You really do have adventure in your life. Well, I'm glad Leni appeared and you can breathe now.

Medana22 said...

Cissy!!Ahhh! I am so sorry you had to experience such anxiety. After the kids knew Leni was ok and I told them where she was they just bursted into laughter at the thought of thier friend swimming as the foursome of wanna be Idols (we recently saw the show;) sang and the boats raced by...I cant believe no one noticed the tall almost 7 year old splashing in the oh so clean water :/
Oh and P.S. thank you for allowing love to take three beautiful girlies home.