Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And As The Clock Strikes Midnight....


Last night I stayed up to watch Shawn Johnson win her gold medal. A few minutes after midnight, I made my "rounds" to the girls rooms to make sure everyone was tucked in and secure for the night,(and while Tropical Storm Fay was hammering rain on our roof:)) I came across this scene in Kristin's bed. After a slight deliberation with myself, I did what every memory saving mom would do... Ran downstairs, grabbed the camera, turned on her light, and captured the moment. Now this child is the first one up in the morning, and the last to go to sleep. In between there is not a little activity...but a constant blur of motion-and-NONSTOP-talking. She is the trio's clear leader and they look to her for guidance, support and help. Not to mention she's in the bathroom the most often for 'redirective administration'. :) God's been speaking to me lately about not forgetting the vision he's given us as a family for adoption, the orphan, the persecuted church and defending the cause of the poor and needy both here and abroad. It's so easy to get caught up in the every day business of life that the calls He's given can be buried under the complexities of life. My friend Leslie had some very wise words the other day for me and she probably didn't even realize she had spoken clearly to what I was dealing with... as I was preparing for another year of homeschooling on top of an already crammed schedule. Very simply put, in speaking about herself, she said that she never over books her daily life so that she is able to not let her schedule rule her and keep the attitude that the day is to work..but also be enjoyed for God's glory...In other words, every day you take the time...even if for a moment to 'rest' in loving what God gives you for that day... And enjoying the people that surround you..no matter what the stress level:) That hit me like a ton of bricks...oh yea! These moments are to be enjoyed...and more than that...fully enjoyed! So you will see in the pic a moment this mommy enjoyed...at midnight while the rest of the house was sleeping. And as Psalm 63:5 says, "Father of the fatherless, protector of the widows is God in his holy habitation. God settles the solitary in a home.." Yes He did. Three times in this house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Vanlue,
I am making a DVD of pictures and stuff for the parents of the kids I babysit for. The twins are adopted and I was looking for a song about adoption or something along those lines. I thought I'd ask you since you are obviously experienced in resources for adoption.:-) Let me know if you think of any! thank you so very much! www.proverbs1513.blogspot.com

Janelle Morrison said...

Cissy,

Someone gave me that same verse when I lived with you guys to remind me of God's faithfulness to place me (the solitary) in your home!

love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much! I think that is the song I will go with! I am looking forward to keeping in touch with you for some more resources! God has certainly blessed you and I am so blessed by reading your blog and how you're training your girls and leading them to Christ! What an example you and your family are!