Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Redirection of Indoor Plumbing to Faciliate Cost Efficiency! **UPDATE**


Let's see...gas is $4.OO a gallon....milk is close to that....food prices are out of control....energy costs are sky-rocketing...yada, yada, yada. So...we are doing our part to reduce costs and lower input into landfills. I've told Katie that when we go home....no more diapers.(heh..heh...) At first she said..."No! Want pull-up on!!" Then I said " you get an M (m&m) every time you go in the potty:)" To which she responded "O-tay!" She's very, very resistent because she loves habit and the same routine. Yall pray for me:)!! BIG incentive with the 'hoe-man' panties I found last Christmas in a size 1!!!AND they're still a little big!! This child is teeny-weeny and they just don't make 'unnerwear' in little sizes anymore! (that's another problem we've had!) We're jumping in!!!! (hopefully I will have time to do a vacay slide show too:))OK.......'back to business'!!

**UPDATE**-Yesterday was our first day home. I took on alot and there's still alot of unpacking and reorganizing to do....but would you believe that after an initial "fear" of the potty (we had talked alot about being a big girl...but never attempted any kind of training as of yet) that this child stayed dry all day....and went on command.....and never had an accident??!! Kristin and Leni were awesome helpers...and Kristin even stayed with Katie in the 'room' and sang songs of encouragement to her...with her microphone of course at concert sound level:) Whatever we did...it worked. I think 99% of it was the m&m's! In between Leni was stung by a wasp and had some head 'trauma' when she slipped on the neighbors pool deck. Just another day here! We'll see what today brings! Hopefully yesterday wasn't just beginners luck!! (and no...I will not potty train your children for you!:) This is God's grace because I have dreaded this for a loooooonnnnnggggg time!!) Thank you everyone for all your comments! Hi Donna! Thanks for the link and when I come up for air I will contact everyone!!

6 comments:

Medana22 said...

WOW! I am totally impressed! Maybe when your done you can give me some pointers, Lauren is pretty content on poopin' in her diapers:)

Donna Cooper said...

Hey Sissy,

I had a friend who had the same issue with her petite little girl. I found some on ebay for her. Here's the link (copy paste) Perhaps they will work for you all too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Girl-New-XSMALL-Petite-Panties-Underwear-24m-2T_W0QQitemZ110267029983QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15639QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Congrats on the "big girl panties"!!

Donna

Anonymous said...

om, well when I pulled up your blog, cade walked over and said, "haha, katie's butt, mama!" Apparently he can tell it's katie!

The Brown Family said...

Ha- Welcome Home! GO KATIE!!
I think I'm going to add m&m's to my day :)

Love ya'll- Gisele and Mini-Moscow <3

Tammy said...

Gotta love the hoe-man! And, Katie too. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your vacation.

Unknown said...

I love the "hoe-man" undies! I wonder if I can find them in XL this next Christmas season. HA HA!!!