Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!




Here are the little girlies....freshly washed, ironed, hair-doed, and nice and momentarily shiny....on the way to church Easter Sunday morning. We spent considerable time lately discussing the meaning of Easter, what the cross means for us and our resurrected Lord and Savior. In fact...Saturday evening was big, when the girls told the Easter story back to me. They did a great job and got their facts so very correct!! So you see... in the second pic...as we're talking up going to church to celebrate Easter and all it's meaning...Miss Katie decides it's time to do a rousing rendition of 'I'm a Little Teapot" just in case the photographer wanted entertainment during our photo shoot. There you go...tipping the teapot and pouring her out. Evidently...she was done with the Easter Story, and wanted the subject matter diverted elsewhere. The third pic this mommy loves! Nothing better than little girl hugs and kisses! Aren't they beautimous??!! More pics to follow soon. They weren't shiny clean for long....but boy, oh boy did they enjoy Easter!

p.s. I got several queries about the baskets in the post below....they're from Pottery Barn Kids...but purchased 2 years ago before we went to China. I didn't look at their Easter catalog this season to see if they're still available or not. They're washable and I wanted an heirloom for our girls and the Cadester. AND a big thanks to those that sent book suggestions both on here and to me privately.(see post below).. Thank you and I look forward to looking at your suggestions!

1 comment:

Medana22 said...

They are so "prrrettty" as Lauren would say.
I should have had you come and teach my kiddos the Easter story, when I asked Colin if he really knew why we celebrated Easter he thought it may be Jesus' birthday again;)