Thursday, November 15, 2007

She's Baaaccckkkk! This Time Eloise is a Morning Hero!
























As I've said before ....this child makes us laugh like we've never laughed. Everything she does is copied and said by Katie. She runs the show with the neighborhood kids (at the ripe old age of 4)....and has given us multiple gray hairs. Today, she did a very good thing. At a little after 7am, Miss Katie was wailing away in her crib. This is unusual as she has been "taught" to wake up happy. (Side note here: Jason, child 1, was in a big-boy-bed at 18 months. Fast-forward 4 more kids.....Katie will be 12 before she's allowed out of hers. Wisdom speaks:)) Anyway, Eloise who is ever the tumbling-tumble-weed of emotions....scampered (yes, at 7am) up to Katie's room and look how mommy found them. Eloise was reading to Katie and being very,very loving. Mommy was so impressed, she took pictures. Kristin has had major issues with being demoted from youngest to middle child. This is huge people....huge!!
I thought while I was at it...I would give you an excerpt from the book "Eloise" by Kay Thompson...so you can see for yourself the personality we have here in our little kingdom of princesses.
I am Eloise. I live at the Plaza. I have a dog that looks like a cat. His name is Weenie. Sometimes I put sunglasses on him. Then I have to scratch his back with a wire hanger. I have a turtle. His name is Skipperdee. He eats raisins and wears sneakers. The Plaza is the only hotel in New York that lets you keep a turtle......I have two dolls which is enough. Their names are Sabine and Saylor. Sabine is a rag doll and she has absolutely no face at all, partially because whe came from Jamaica by Air Express. Otherwise she has shoe-button eyes and two right legs. She is rawther unusual. Saylor is a very large doll and has a hard head and no arms. She was in the most terriblest accident and she bleeded so hard she almost choked in the night and this ambulance came and took her to the hospital and it was an emergency and they had to give her all this terribly dark medicine and a lot of Band-aids and when she came back home she was weak weak weak and had to take cod-liveroil. I gave her a strawberry leaf from under my grapefruit for not whimpering and Weenie licked her face. They are an extremely lot of extra work....Getting bored is not allowed. Sometimes I comb my hair with a fork, Sometimes I wear my arm in a sling...Sometimes I put a rubber band on the end of my nose. Toe shoes make very good ears and sometimes I wear them to lunch. Here's what I like to do...pretend...Sometimes I pretend I'm the mother of 40 children.....Check out more Eloise books at your local library and pretend Kristin lives in your house too! Book Eloise's mother is 30 and shops at Bergdorfs. Florida Eloise's mother is 40ish and shops at Publix and Wal-Mart.
Yes, our little Eloise has developed into her own own own person. I told my friend Cyndi she is available for a weekly rental. :) But then what would this mommy do without her? Be bored bored bored!! Eloise is awesome!

P.S. For a story that will provoke, sadden, and move you, read the latest post here. Then pause, pray and give thanks for all God has done for you and your family! I have this blog bookmarked!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Does Eloise has a brother named Josh by chance?:) The stories make me laugh!

Medana22 said...

Goats milk, sugar and oil...
There's this lump that I think God gives as a gift, it sits just above your neck right in the middle of your throat, some call it compassion, others may even say its guilt, but I think it a gift. Now what do you do with it? Let it sit there for a minute and then move on?? Tempting but I can't. My only comfort, to go to the throne and seek the one who knows, who is in control, and who by His name saves. Thanks for sharing the funny stories but especially for the sad ones.
Love you guys!