Tuesday, November 6, 2007

And This is Florida In November!




This post will seem tame compared to the previous ones! All my Eloise stories from the weekend are told I'm afraid:)(scroll down for explaination). Here are more pics from our getaway. Mommy hasn't been feeling too well lately and we're trying to figure out why (I know you're snickering....yea...go ahead...anyone with a 2,4,6yr. olds + adult kids should be fatigued, right?:)) I'm battling mono-like symptoms and extreme fatigue which is pretty abnormal for me. Anyway....we were planning on doing the theme park thing as part of our weekend.....but let the girls swim and run free instead. Mommy "tried" to rest. Just being away was helpful....but we didn't plan a whole lot.
Daddy got to work on business stuff.....thanks to wireless....and we had a blast just hangin.
People are usually very kind, but you can always tell the curious ones. They watch us for a while....then cautiously ask....ARE THEY ALL YOURS? (we're VERY LOUD so they ask VERY LOUD). Katie throws everyone off because of her Swedish -I-mean-chinese look.:) Anyway....I politely answer ....yes. To which people usually say....wow, 3 girls! That must keep you busy. (all eyes are still on Katie). Sometimes Eloise speaks up because she notices everything and sees people looking at Katie....In her 4yr. old very shrill tone says "THATS KATIE SHES FROM CHINA!! Then if I feel like entertaining the kind people I say....there's one more girl. (wait for gasp from people)....And..... a boy (louder gasp)...They usually say, "you mean you have 5?!" I smile.....nod.....say yes......(people have mouths hanging open by this time)..and if I'm really feeling mischevious I throw the final blow their way....."Yes, and I have a grandson only 10 months younger than my little Asian Princess here..she's really Auntie Katie." (now people are shaking heads while mouths are hanging open in disbelief) Then the VanLue group skeedaddles out of there leaving formerly kind, polite people scratching their heads. It's fun. We do this routine alot. If we stick around we usually are asked if we're Catholic, or Mormon. (no) or how many times I've been married before. I say,(very happily)...same husband...married almost 25 years. Response is more like ....wow. Wow. WOW!
One pic in the slideshow deserves a better explaination. You will see Leni asking Kristin to forgive her. It went something like this Kristinpleaseforgivemeforgettingofftheseesawwhenyouwereatthetopanddroppingyouonyourheadpleaseforgiveme.
Kristin forgave her. We have wonderful girls. We are blessed. This includes Julie. She watched all girls Friday night so her parents could have a hot night on the town. She's wonderful!!

"If the care of a soul be entrusted to me, and I consent to subject it to weakening influences, because the voice of the world-fills my ears, then I know nothing of Calvary love." A.C.

2 comments:

Medana22 said...

You do have wondeful Girls! All 4 of them! :)
I am so glad you guys had fun.
See you in the morning~

Tammy said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm glad there was some time to rest and relax a bit.