Monday, September 22, 2008

Why I Blog....


You're looking at them :) The 7 reasons why this blog is so important to me. You see, seven years ago when we adopted Leni life was crazy, but manageable. I had a high-schooler, a middle schooler and an infant. Little did I know the plans God had in store:) Exactly 10 months later, Kristin was born and came home to us 48 hours later. So, in the course of less than a year, we went from a family of 2 children to 4. Leni and Kristin are only 17 months apart...so needless to say...uh...out with the sleep....in with the fun! THEN...to top it all off...we had always felt God calling us to international adoption. Enter Miss Katie Mei born in June 2005, adopted from Jiangxi, China in May 2006. She was adopted exactly one month after our grandson Cade William was born...and they are 10 months apart to the exact day. Pretty awesome eh?! But, realistically there are not enough hours in the day to do everything...and do it well. Somethings have had to go by the wayside....and for me that would be scrapbooking. So this blog is my 'virtual scrapbook'. I've tried as best as I could to give each of these seven 'pictures' (literally and figuratively)a look at life at each and every stage since this blog's conception. I found this idea from other adoption sites..and as a giant HINT HINT HINT for my family...here's what I would like for Christmas. **HINT AGAIN** I had been saving our blog on CD's but you can actually have your blog made into a hardbound book here. I'm sure there are other sites like this one, but I know this one has been used by many in the adoption community with great success and satisfaction. It's not cheap...but a timeless keepsake for those in my position...lots of memories, laughs, pictures and no time to scrapbook. I feel so blessed to have the gift of family ...and even more so for the gift each is individually to this home. These are who this blog is written mostly about and for...to chronicle the busy days so they can look back with fond memories and see the grace God has given each of them in their lives. That's why I take the time to blog. I'm amazed anyone else chooses to read about us...but I'm so very glad you do! Thank you for your interest in our humble little lives! We mean that! Here's to more new adventures and memories made for God's Glory!!

*Disclaimer*- I also am VERY, VERY careful what goes on and into this "public' site. You will notice an attempt to keep it light, fun and simple. This is purposeful in that there are efforts to protect the girls privacy and intimate details of their lives,(and not embarrass the older ones...but hey, that can be fun:)) The 'deep calls to deep' moments are in journals and other methods of communication kept privately for them...this has been the Lord's leading for me/us. You will not find me too philosophical or wordy ...or spending much time on 'intricate' issues whatever they may be (spiritual or otherwise). That's for another time and place. What you will find here is our lives being played out for God's glory...watching him mold and prepare all of us for use in his kingdom here and for all eternity. We're not perfect...don't even pretend to be...we're simply trying to be faithful and honor God's leading for our family and home. :) We love having you be a part and hope you continue to journey with us!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Amen Cissy! May God be glorified in the every day story of our lives- for He is always at work in and thru the lives of His children!

Love you! Gisele

PS- I just posted Taylor's pictures :)