Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bunny Relays and a Little Stuffed Sausage...(post at the bottom)


The now famous bunny!

Leni, Lily, Kristin, Katie, Alexis, Mitchell and Will....preping for the relay

Go! These girls can run!!

For some unknown reason...Katie wanted the helmet. I think it slowed her down!

Every morning before we start school is exercise time for the girls. I find doing this makes them much better students and gets their brain in 'thinkin' mode. So...to get their heart racing and add in a little fun, we invented the now famous 'bunny relay'. Simple game really....you take pinkish-purplely bunny and run around the cul-de-sac as fast as possible while others cheer madly...and return passing bunny to next speed racer. Each entry makes two laps. Hearts beat wildly, blood is pumping and afterwards, girls are ready to do math. Well...it's been such a hit, that I now have neighbor kids knocking on my door asking if it's time for the 'bunny relay' yet. We've been doing extra laps just for them! Who knew??
And...Katie has been a little under the weather this week. Allergies maybe, we don't know. What we do know, is that she's fine during the day...but can't breathe at night. So we were up 3 nights in a row. This mommy actually made a bed on the floor by her bed to try and get some sleep before 5 am...which is when Scott gets up and about when I was going to bed KNOWING I had to be up in a couple of hours because the next day would begin. I spent hours with her wrapped "like a little stuffed sausage' in a blanket...propped upright so she could breathe. If you lay her down...she would wake up...cry and make her nose worse. By the 3rd night, I was feeling a little sorry for myself (around 3am) and as held my little sausage, the Lord prompted me. This little girl could still be languishing in an orphanage with no one to hold her, no one to wrap her, and no one to offer comfort. God has given her a family, medicine and lots of fluffy blankets:) Who am I to complain to the God of the Universe about missing sleep when millions go without food, shelter, warmth, and even parents daily, and maybe their entire lifetime? This little one has been spared a harsh existence. I was quickly brought back to my senses....and low and behold..the next night...she slept. The house is returning to normal. (whatever that is..but I'm no longer lagging, dragging and sagging:))! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Great idea Cissy! May the Bunny Relay live on!

May the Lord heal sweet Katie and thank you Lord for His precious revelation to you. May we all remember the truth He revealed to you.

Love you! Gisele