Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!!!

Today is Mommy's birthday!!! We won't tell how old she is, and we won't tell Kristin either because she would probably share it with everyone. This is Julie by the way...who at the moment is accompanied at the computer by 3 little princesses in their jammies. See, Mommy and Daddy spent the night away from the VanLue Zoo (also known as our house) so that Mommy could get some well deserved and needed sleep and relaxation. So Mommy Julie watched them for the afternoon/night and this morning until Daddy comes home. Sad to say we don't have many funny stories from the day yesterday, other than I ended up with all 3 in my bed last night...yes Mom...ALL 3! She warned me about the other two...but apparently Katie heard of our little slumber party and wanted to join us...so she proceded to scream every 15 minutes until I went up and got her out of her crib to join the rest of the girls. I'm quite surprised I didn't wake up with bruises...Leni's a kicker and Kristin was apparently dreaming of becoming an air traffic controller because she was moving her arms like crazy...which of course ended up in my face :) Ahh I love my sisters!!

Since my mom has no control over this post (hehehe) I wanted to take this opportunity to honor her in front of all you blog readers. Mom, thank you seems inadequate for all that you do for our family. Not only taking care of us, doing mountains of laundry every day, cooking outstanding food, cleaning, driving, bringing the video camera to every performance or special event (yes she even still does this for my stuff too), planning birthday's and other holidays, and countless other things would make you a hero to anyone. But to me, you Mommy are a hero because of something else, something much deeper and more important. Above all else you serve the Lord and delight in bringing honor and glory to His name. There is no greater gift that a mother can give to her children than being an example of the Proverbs 31 woman, and Mom, you are that woman, without a doubt. You do indeed surpass them all. Thank you for being a mom, my best friend, and an example of true servanthood, true humility, and true greatness. The things you do surely do not go unnoticed and we are all grateful for the daily sacrifices you make our on behalf. Thank you for your heart to above all serve the Lord and glorify Him in everything you do. We love you, and happy birthday!!!!!

6 comments:

Katherine Peschau said...

That was so precious Julie! I laughed and cried while reading it. Thank-you for sharing your heart with us.
Happy Birthday Cissy...I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day and I can't wait to hear about all that happened on this special day!
Love you!

Medana22 said...

Ahhh! Julie you are a treasure and just this post proves all that you spoke about your mom. I too thank you Cissy for how you CHOOSE to honor and serve your Savior. Thank you for going out into the corners of the earth and rescuing others to train them to serve Him as you do. Thank you for enduring countless weeks in bed to preserve life within you and train them up to be Pillars of the church. Thank you for being a helpmate to your husband and keeping all of his plates spinning:)
Happy 36? Birthday! I love and adore you and hope you enjoy your day:)

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Cissy! Your example of being a godly wife, mother and mimi continues to inspire me. I appreciate that you have choosen to take a road that most people wouldn't even dream of going down. I pray that you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I first, second and third all of those...and I wish you a very happy birthday...it's obviously you are loved, cherished, honored and worthy to be praised!! Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Debi Walter said...

Dear Cissy,

Another birthday, and who would have thought that you would be here at this time in your life? You did! And God has blessed you with the desires (all three of them) of your heart. I wish you a very happy birthday, my friend. May the years grow sweeter as you follow your Savior (and mine!) Love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

Awe, Julie! that was very sweet! It is so sobering to hear you honor your mom in such a loving way! Thanks for your example! Mrs. Vanlue...Happy Birthday and thank you for your example of a godly mother and wife who sacrificially gives and gives! I love it! Love and miss you all!